How do you get a B-17 Flying Fortress into your home or office? In a Plane Bricks box of course! Introducing the B-17G Flying Fortress, designed and built by our Master Builder Jonah Padberg, this historically accurate B-17 kit made with genuine LEGO® parts, will make your home or office "the bomb!" Plus, did you know we offer customization so that you can make your B-17 look like you want it to? It is a bit extra in price and restrictions do apply, but where else can you get that?
The first B-17 took off in 1935 from Boeing field in Seattle, Washington. Seattle Times reporter, Richard Smith dubbed it the Flying Fortress and Boeing made sure the name stuck. The B-17 went from design board to flight test in less than a year! It served the U.S. Army during WWII as 12,726 were made. American Commander in Europe, General Carl Spaatz said, "without the B-17, we may have lost the war."
Difficulty level: Expert (Level 4 of 5)
- 10 minifigures; Pilot, co-pilot, navigator, bombardier/nose gunner, flight engineer/top turret gunner, radio operator, waist gunners (2), ball turret gunner, and tail gunner
- 20 brick built bombs
- Functioning air brakes, ailerons, elevators, and rudder.
- Opening bomb bay doors
- Opening tail door
- Opening doors leading to the cat walk
- Retractable landing gear
- Fully detailed interior
- Built to Minifigure scale (1/38 scale)
- Functioning props
All building kits come disassembled
What's in the box?
- Complete color printed building instructions
- 2,281 new-condition LEGO® brand bricks and parts
- Custom vinyl die-cut stickers
- A sheet of brick red sticker and a sheet of bullet hole stickers
- Certificate of authenticity
- 20'' of string
Due to this business being in it's beginning stages, all kits are assembled upon order and may take 2-3 weeks to ship.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is definitely a challenging build but if you get stuck I reached out via email and was walked through a couple steps very nicely. Thanks for an awesome B-17 model a lot of work went into the detail of this plane.
I don’t have it and I don think I’ll be able to get it any time sone but it looks and sounds amazing.