How do you get a B-17 Flying Fortress into your home or office? In a Plane Bricks box of course! Introducing the B-17G Flying Fortress, designed and built by our Master Builder Jonah Padberg, this historically accurate B-17 kit made with genuine LEGO® parts, will make your home or office "the bomb!" Plus, did you know we offer customization so that you can make your B-17 look like you want it to? It is a bit extra in price and restrictions do apply, but where else can you get that?
The first B-17 took off in 1935 from Boeing field in Seattle, Washington. Seattle Times reporter, Richard Smith dubbed it the Flying Fortress and Boeing made sure the name stuck. The B-17 went from design board to flight test in less than a year! It served the U.S. Army during WWII as 12,726 were made. American Commander in Europe, General Carl Spaatz said, "without the B-17, we may have lost the war."
Difficulty level: Expert (Level 4 of 5)
- 10 minifigures; Pilot, co-pilot, navigator, bombardier/nose gunner, flight engineer/top turret gunner, radio operator, waist gunners (2), ball turret gunner, and tail gunner
- 20 brick built bombs
- Functioning air brakes, ailerons, elevators, and rudder.
- Opening bomb bay doors
- Opening tail door
- Opening doors leading to the cat walk
- Retractable landing gear
- Fully detailed interior
- Built to Minifigure scale (1/38 scale)
- Functioning props
- Length 25'' 1/2''
- Width 31'' 1/2''
- Height 8''
All building kits come disassembled
What's in the box?
- Complete color printed building instructions
- 2,281 new-condition LEGO® brand bricks and parts
- Custom vinyl die-cut stickers
- A sheet of brick red sticker and a sheet of bullet hole stickers
- Certificate of authenticity
- 20'' of string
Due to this business being in it's beginning stages, all kits are assembled upon order and may take 2-3 weeks to ship.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My favorite! You’ve got to get this plane!
This shit right here, dont even get me started. It is LIT and has helped me with my suicidal problems as my father loved plane models. Unfortunately he has passed now and had left me with this AMAZING hobby. Love you Dad
This is definitely a challenging build but if you get stuck I reached out via email and was walked through a couple steps very nicely. Thanks for an awesome B-17 model a lot of work went into the detail of this plane.
I don’t have it and I don think I’ll be able to get it any time sone but it looks and sounds amazing.